17 September 2007

Very, very sad


This Friday night, I will be sending my baby girl, Skully, to the Rainbow Bridge. I'm terribly sad about this, even though the logical part of my brain tells me that this is the right thing to do. The other part of me never wants to let her go. The arrangements have been made. A mobile vet will be coming to my house to do the procedure, so that she will be safe and comfortable at home. My folks & the Mr. will be there. Satchel might get a better understanding this way, too, moreso anyway than if we took her away somewhere and she never came back. He's going to be really upset too. A gentleman who runs a local business that handles pet cremation and the like will be taking her from there and will insure an individual cremation, rather than the alternative. He'll put her into a nice urn, with her name on it, and will make a lovely memorial plaque with the Rainbow Bridge poem, a pawprint, and a lock of her fur.

I will be posting more, after the fact, as a memorial to her, but for now, I just need to try not to sit here all day crying at my desk.

3 comments:

knitizen said...

i am so sorry for your loss. i am very, very sad for you. at least you made plans and took care. we were in hopeless denial until the last. it was pathetic and i miss her madly. be well and take care.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your baby ofcourse I had no idea. My heart breaks for you.
I really enjoyed meeting you at YarnSchool and ty for all the work you did. Hope I will get to see you again next year. Thanks stacy

Miss_Critiki said...

Thank you both. Knitizen, I'm sorry to hear about your loss as well. :(
Stacy, it was great to meet you, and I hope you are thinking of attending next year as well!