29 January 2008

Yarny Progress and other tidbits

Wow! This has been a really good knitting week!

I finished, washed, and blocked the feather and fan shawl: I must say that I adore this thing. It is warm, oversized, and comfortable. It is soft, squishy, and sproingy.

I also FINALLY finished the 1st Giant Man Sock: It feels good to be 50% done. My reward for finishing that sock was starting this:

The second Beatrix sock for me! I'm already halfway done.

Once I get through my unfinished objects (the pile gets smaller every day!), I'll be able to start some new items, like mittens, a sweater, and this cute circular shrug I bookmarked from Ravelry. All that is left unfinished besides the two pairs of socks is the Kiri Shawl and the Irish Hiking Scarf. Wheee!

Tibits:

Breaking Bad is good. Watch it, or miss out on all the awesome.

The Man With the Screaming Brain: completely corny, and sort of a whim that we picked it up on Netflix Watch Instantly. Two thumbs up!

Sock Dreams has utterly fantastic service! I ordered 4 pairs of super cute socks on Friday night, and they showed up in the mail today. I even selected the standard, free shipping. I can't recommend them more, plus, a lot of their selection is made in the USA, so no Chinese sweatshop guilt! Extra great!

No comments: